Welcome to Year 4
Here you will find lots of information about Year 4. At Park Primary School, we study four main topics throughout the year. To find out more about what your child will be learning in their topic, please click the topic links above or visit our curriculum section. Below is a list of key information about the class.
Mr. Pritchard – Class Teacher 4B
Mrs. Geraghty – Class Teacher 4C
Mrs. Oxberry – Teaching Assistant
Mrs. Douglas – Teaching Assistant
Long term plan
Year 4 curriculum expectations
Things to remember:
- Children must bring their reading books in every Tuesday to have them changed.
- PE is every Monday and Wednesday. Children MUST bring an appropriate PE kit on these days (white top, dark short/joggers, dark, plain trainers) in a bag to change into.
- We will provide a sheet with possible homework on at the start of every new topic. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE ACTIVITIES, but they will aid in your child’s learning and further embed the information they are learning in school into their memories.
- Homework is a good way to become further involved in your child’s learning, and show you how well they are doing with their studies.
The Digestive System.
This exciting topic will take us on an exciting journey developing the children’s knowledge of the digestive system. We will learn all about teeth, bodily functions, healthy eating and food chains.
Key questions for our topic:
- What is a digestive system and why do we have one?
- What are the different parts of the digestive system and what are their roles?
- Can you name the different teeth in a human and their functions?
- Why do carnivores and herbivores have different teeth?
- What is and isn’t healthy for our teeth?
- How do food chains work?
- Can you design and make a model digestive system?
This outlines the main knowledge and vocabulary that will be taught in this topic. Please use this with your child to support them with their learning (it is printed on the back of the homework that will be sent home with your child at the start of the topic).